Occasionally the Fondue household has a snack attack - which often ends in a salty sweaty mess of stale nachos and questionable salsa. Ants on a log seem too childish to indulge in, and yet too delicious to give up on. Who doesn't like peanut butter? (blahblahblahAnaphylactic shock).
In the best interest of matching adult behaviour with childhood memories, peanut butter is getting a make over.
|March sunshine in Vancouver is the best.|
- Clean, trimmed and dry celery ribs
- 1/2 c Organic peanut butter
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP Sriarcha hot sauce - or your favourite pepper based hot sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp splash of fish sauce or soya sauce
- Nuts - salted peanuts, cashews, almonds walnuts
- optional: cilantro & 1/4 tsp powdered garlic
Assembly - this is the easy part
Pile the peanut butter, honey, hot sauce, lime juice, fish sauce & optional garlic powder into a bowl and stir to incorporate.
Stuff your celery ribs with the spicy peanut butter topping.
Place the nuts securely in the peanut butter and place cilantro artfully on top.
Serve the remaining peanut butter with apple slices for a sweet salty spicy taste sensation.
This snack attack is great with a delicious Driftwood White Bark Witbier.
I wouldn't have been a happy child if I could have drank Driftwood with my after school snack.