Whatever the case, pizza can inspire great debate between thin crust vs thick crust, deep dish vs. minimalist toppings, and gourmet vs. late night by the slice greasey a la carte. This is our quick toss together version that some how managed to look and taste incredible - I love it when your expectations are so overwhelmingly exceeded you even surprise yourself.
|Pea Shoots on Pizza? Hell ya...|
What you'll need:
- Flatbread - thin or thick will effect how long it cooks, I used a thick middle eastern bread coasted with sesames.
- Tomato paste - yep, straight from the can (stay classy Vancouver)
- Basil flakes
- Grilled veggies - eggplant, sweet potato, asparagus, peppers (not the jarred ones - belch) or grilled tomato.
- Greens - spinach, arugula, sprouts, I used pea shoots.
- Cheese - stray from traditional mozza, you'll be happy.
Shake on some basil, this isn't rocket science. Spill on your veggies, oops veggie avalanche, too many veggies is never a bad thing Greens - topped with greens is just healthy. Coat with cheese - cheese layer of gooeyness is goodness. Seriously tasty goodness, now go out and surprise yourself - you deserve it.